|The 1st Seoul International Winter Sports Expo (SIWINTER 2004), co-organized by Gangwon-do Province, the Center for Winter Sports, and
JoongAng Daily, the largest media network in Korea, will introduce various products and tours to respond to the recent winter sports boom. Seventy percent of Korea's terrain consists of mountainous areas, and Gangwon-do Province is naturally endowed with land best suited for skiing, snow boarding, and skating. Many international
events have already been held in Gangwon-do Province. Natually scenic winter resorts enjoy continuous snow four months in a year, equipped
with international scale slopes, hig-speed lifts, and world-class accommodations.
Since the enforcement of the five-day workweek, winter sports have gained large popularity, showing the great growth potential of the winter sports products market. In addition, with the presence of the Korean Wave in Asia, the 15% each year. The current 30% market share of foreign skiers among total skiers is expected to reach 50% in 2008.
SIWINTER 2004 is poised to offer various marketing opportunities targeted not only at the younger generation based in the Nation's capital region, which is the country's biggest market, but also at the 500 tour operators and planners from China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and other countries. Beginning with this exposition, many winter sports events, big and small, will also held in Gangwon-do Province, including the 2009 FIS Snowboard World Championships. These events will provide the foundation for Gangwon-do Province to develop as the center of Asia winter sports as well as a fast-growing and lucrative market.
* Period : October 22 - 24, 2004
* Venue : Seoul Trade Exhibition Center (SETEC)
* Organized by : JoongAng Ilbo, Gangwon Province
* Sponsored by : Ministry of Culture and Tourism (MCT), Korea National Tourism Organization (KNTO), Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA)
* Exhibitiong Area
* Winter Sports Products
- Resorts : Resort Winter Package, Condominium, etc.
- Products : Ski, Snowboard, Skate Equipment, Apparel, Accessories, Conmetics, etc.
- Installation : Artificial Ice, Artificial Slope, Lift, Cable Car, Snowplow, Snowmobile, etc.
- Others : Logistics, Retail and Rental companies, DIY Products, Ski Carrier, RV (Recreational Vehicle), etc.
* Information for Winter Sports
- Related Institution, Association, Organization, etc.
- Related Specialty Magazines, Training Institutes for Certification, etc.
- Domestic and Overseas Travel Agency, Airlines, Local Government, etc.
* Running & Marathon
- Running : Shoes, Apparel, Accessory, etc.
- Cross Training : Inline Skates, MTB, BMX, Safety Equipments, etc.
* Application Office :joongAng Culture Media 7 Soonhwa-dong Chung-ku Seoul, 100-759 Korea
* Inquiries Tel : +82-2-751-9622~23
* Fax : +82-2-751-9640 / 9656
* E-mail : email@example.com
* Website : http://www.siwinter.com